Thursday, December 8, 2016

The Perfect Gift Guide for Him (Christmas 2016)



Welcome back for Day Eight of Blogmas! Today, I'm sharing another gift guide chock-full of ideas for what to get your guy.

I don't know about you, but I always find that the men in my life are the hardest people to shop for around Christmastime. Whether it's Ryan, my dad, or my brother (though admittedly, at twelve years old, he's hardly a man), I can never figure out what to get any of them for the holidays. I think part of the problem is that all the men I know always seem to want gifts that are practical, while I think of gifts as something you want rather than something you need.

Thankfully, I've made both of our lives a little easier this year by putting together this gift guide to help you shop for the hardest guy on your list (dirty joke unintended). From high-end splurges to thoughtful saves, you'll find nine gifts perfect for every man and every budget.


Gifts for Him


Splurges


VR One Plus Virtual Reality Glasses
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the new virtual reality trend has been all guys can talk about lately. To be completely honest, I'm not exactly a tech wizard, but I know this is what my twelve-year-old brother wants for Christmas, so it must be the latest and greatest. This virtual reality headset is compatible with all those new smartphone games and augmented reality apps you've been reading about. Get it on sale for $99.99 while you still can. Available at Target.

Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 Neo Classic Camera
I got an Instax Mini polaroid camera for Christmas two years ago, and it's one of the best gifts I've ever gotten. Granted, the film is a little bit pricey, but for the quality vintage photographs they produce (and instantly, too!), I think it's 110% worth the money. For $200, this brown leather design evokes thoughts of 70s glamour and is perfect for the aspiring photog in your life. Available at Urban Outfitters.

Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Gaming Headset in Black
We all know that boyfriend, best friend, or brother that can't be torn away from his computer screen. Again, tech isn't my specialty, but I'm told by my game geek boyfriend that Logitech is one of the best companies in the business. These $139.99 headphones come with a wireless range of up to 32 inches, programmable game controls and 7.1 Dolby surround sound (whatever that means). Available at Best Buy.

Levis Flannel Sherpa Trucker Jacket in Grey
Not every man loves getting clothes for Christmas, but Ryan loves it, and I'm sure you know someone who does, too. This plush trucker jacket from Levis features cozy cotton flannel, Sherpa lining, and a snap-button closure. Keep your favorite guy warm this winter for $129 (+ 25% off for a limited time only). Available at Urban Outfitters.


Saves


Calvin Klein Eternity for Men 1.7 Oz Spray
I'm probably biased, because this is the cologne my boyfriend wears, but as a woman, let me tell you: I think this is one of the best smells in the world, right behind baking bread. This scent has many layers, with notes of mandarin, lavender, basil and sandalwood, among others. For $62.00, buy this for any man whose chest you'd like to nuzzle - dare I say, for eternity. Available at Macy's.

Men's Society Beard Grooming Kit
Give him the gift of fresh, clean facial hair this Christmas. For 25.00 pounds (sorry, you'll have to convert to dollars yourself), this beard grooming kit comes with mustache wax, Vitamin E beard oil, a stainless steel comb and scissors. Get it for the well-kept gentleman in your life, or any guy you'd like to send a subtle hint to. Available at Men's Society.

Native Union Clic Wooden iPhone 6 Case in Black
What guy isn't glued to his phone? This iPhone 6 case from Native Union features genuine walnut timber, sanded down to smooth perfection, as well as stylish black accents. Gift this $48.00 case to the guy who'd never be caught dead with the same outfit as any of his friends. Available at Amara.

Leather Candle
This fresh leather scent is a people-pleaser for guys and girls alike. Each of these leather candles from Shoppe 815 boasts an 80-hour burn time and has a unique package with a one-of-a-kind, handmade appearance. Buy one for your guy this Christmas for just $32.00. Available at Jaxon Home.

All About Beer Card Deck
For something low budget, but still thoughtful - such as a stocking stuffer or Secret Santa gift - this beer-themed card deck is both classy in appearance and entertaining to use. In addition to the traditional suits, these cards feature exciting beer trivia to teach your man something new during his next poker or blackjack night with his friends. Gift it to your favorite beer enthusiast for just $15.95. Available at Uncommon Goods.

Want more holiday gift inspiration? Sign up for Haley Marie Monthly, your once-a-month digest of my best blog posts, Etsy listings, and more!


Want to achieve your goals this year? Sign up for 2017 Whole Body Reset!

* indicates required