Thursday, May 31, 2018

Glossier Phase 2 Set Review



Hello, beautiful! I haven't done a beauty post in a long, long time, so I thought I would write a review of the makeup brand that I, along with pretty much everyone else, have been obsessed with lately: Glossier!


I'll admit I was late to jump on the Glossier bandwagon. I'd been hearing about them for about a year before I finally took the plunge and decided to buy their products. But now that I've tried them, I'm absolutely obsessed! I can't say nearly enough good things about this brand...try as I may ;)

Needless to say, this review of Glossier's Phase 2 Set is going to be a positive one! But if you want to know exactly why and what makes Glossier worth the hype, keep reading for all the answers you ever wanted and more.


Boy Brow



The first item in Glossier's Phase 2 Set that I am absolutely obsessed with is their cult-favorite eyebrow product, Boy Brow. Of all the products I've tried from Glossier, Boy Brown is hands-down my favorite. In fact, it might even be my favorite brow product of all time.

Boy Brow combines all the things I love about eyebrow gels, powders and pencils. It comes in a tube like mascara with a wand, and you apply it the way you would any eyebrow gel. However, unlike most brow gels, it's way more pigmented and fills your brows almost more like a pencil. 

To me, Boy Brow is like the perfect "my eyebrows, but better" product to pull your face together on lazy days, or when you're just feeling like yourself. But that's exactly what I love about it! Boy Brow doesn't change my face; it works with what I already have. 

And that's the thing I love about Glossier's mission, which is possibly most well-embodied by Boy Brow: they strive to create products that enhance your natural beauty, rather than covering up your imperfections. 


Stretch Concealer


Glossier's Phase 2 Set also comes with their Stretch Concealer, which is a light-to-medium coverage product that conceals blemishes without covering up your natural beauty. The product comes in a pot and definitely goes on smoothest when it is applied with fingers versus a brush. Its greatest strength, to me at least, is how beautifully it blends in; whether applied to bare skin or a base of foundation, the concealer has a creamy texture that glides on beautifully.

One of my only complaints about Glossier's concealer is the lack of diversity in shades the company offers. As someone with extremely fair, red skin, I found that the fairest shade of concealer was still pretty dark, and had golden undertones that didn't perfectly match my skintone.

Of the three products in the Phase 2 Set, the stretch concealer was my least favorite (partially because I'm already so partial to my Tarte Amazonian Clay concealer!). However, that was mostly because with my acne-and-redness-prone skin, I look for a lot heavier coverage in my concealers. Like everything else by Glossier, the Stretch Concealer's greatest strength is ultimately its focus on enhancing natural beauty rather than hiding imperfections.


Generation G in Cake


As much as I love Boy Brow, Generation G has quickly become a new staple in my beauty routine. Of all the Glossier products I sampled, this one is definitely my fave! 

Generation G is equal parts lip balm and lipstick. The tints adjust to your lips to give you that perfect "my lips but better" shade. In Cake, that color translates to a just-bitten peachy nude that's flattering on literally everyone. 

With my fair skin, it's usually impossible to find a natural lip color that doesn't wash me out or look fake - especially when it comes to the peach color fam! But Generation G has quickly become the shade I always reach for when I'm on the go. Because as much as I love my BareMinerals matte cream lipstick, sometimes you just need a color that lets the real you shine through.

What are your thoughts on Glossier? LMK in the comments below or @haleymarieblog on social media!